Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Football Field Girl

Mmmm...High School Years! Nothing is more fun than being in high school! Go Cardinals!


I haven't been out of high school for that long. It has only been three years but I sure miss it though! During my freshman year, I was quiet and shy which are the results of not knowing anyone since we moved to a different city and district. I felt like a girl with no rain boots while everyone was wearing theirs. Anyway, we're not here to talk about my feelings.



I entered a contest held by the Art Club. I thought I would give it a shot since I love to draw. It was a football field design for our Homecoming Theme - Midnight Masquerade. The image on the left is what I submitted. I won! Yay! Soon, people started noticing me. The following year, they decided to make me the official football field designer instead of making a contest. My reputation as an "artist" (I didn't know the different between design and art back then) spread around the campus. I would see students try to get a peek of the design before the game. Some were quite excited! Some may have even peed on their pants, took them off to dry off, put them on and peed again!!! Well, at least I wish someone was that excited. One time, I overheard two girls call me the "Football Field Girl" while discussing the design. I guess they had a nickname for me...I continued to make designs for the school. I went from entering a football field design contest to designing the front cover of the school's handbook and designing t-shirts for clubs. It was an exciting time and a great exercise for being comfortable having my designs viewed by hundreds of people. The designs in this blog are examples of what I have done.



This was the second football field design I did. With the help of the art club members, we were able to create the design by only looking at my 8.5" x 11 final sketch.



I also created the front cover of the handbook. It was exciting to see my design in everyone's folders.

Have you had a similar experience? Share it with me! I would love to hear it! Also, give me some feedback on what you think of my first "designs" while I was in high school. I can't wait to hear from you!


5 comments:

吉发和朋友的部落阁...keathuat&friend's de blog... said...

hello...sorry for the languague problems make you cant understand what i type in my blog...i'll try to add in english sub title soon...for the key cap...i'm sure you will get it in your contry...
in my country "malaysia" they just import one size only...some keys such as "room door" keys...the key cap is too small to fit in...
i will put up the key with the key cap later...just special for you...

Die Erleberin said...

I really like how openly and positively you speak about your own success in high school. You football field designs look really cool - though the German I am had "soccer" in mind all the time while reading about your work ;-)

herl said...

Hi, so u r a designer? i truly envy people who has this artistic talent, coz I'm surely not one!

Keep blogging!

Debbie Budge said...

Your designs are wonderful! Keep working. I'm sure you'll have great success!

R@cheLLe said...

Nice work and capital W-O-W!! Impressive and very artistic. Follow your dreams and keep believin' in yourself.. You're the BEST!!GO GIRL.. :D