Monday, July 28, 2008

Some girls are not meant to wear thongs - the same applies with Design

I was an artist, an animator for a short while, and then a graphic designer. Art is in my blood. My dad passed on his artistic pencil when I was only four years old. Since then, I had fallen in love with drawing. Growing up, I would see my dad do scenes of 2D animations. I was inspired. I knew from the moment I saw him doing marvelous animations, I wanted to be an animator. A few years after, I went to college being certain I wanted to be an animator. I soon realized that it was not as I expected. I was taking 3D animation classes and it was way too technical for me and there were not a lot of “artistic” skills involved. It simply did not fit me. I guess it was not meant to be, just like some girls are not meant to wear thongs. Then I started to notice the beauty of design. I started taking classes and the more I learn, the more I get into it. I felt like a teenager who just tried on her first bra. It was uncomfortable at first, but once she found the right size, it was a marvelous experience.
Now, I am 21 years old. Still learning and understanding design and the creative side of it. I have one more semester left for my Associate Degree for Graphic Design. I am still debating with myself whether I would finish my Computer Animation Degree or just leave it and graduate with my Graphic Design. Anyway, while going to school, I am also working as an Ad Coordinator at one of the most known magazine in Arizona. So far, the experience I have gained is incredible and I am very grateful for the opportunity.
My ultimate goal is to be one of the youngest Art Director in the design world preferably in Advertising or Editorial. This blog will take you to my journey to reaching my goal. I will also post some of my first design to my most recent projects. I encourage everyone out there to help me be an Art Director. Whether you are in the field or an ordinary John Doe who seem to read this blog for the first time, please give me your feedback because you will definitely help me a lot. Come back tomorrow to see the first picture I will post here. :)

1 comment:

leigh said...

you go girl! people like you, determined and harworking, will surely find the right avenues to fulfill your aspiration.

keep it up, you are an inspiration. so young, yet full of visions.

God bless you.